Hello everyone! Jenna Jaxon is here with a sexy guest post and a very generous gesture: proceeds for the month of May from her book “Almost Perfect” (review: 4 stars) will benefit the Relay for Life.
Six Steps to Seducing Your Ex
In my most recent erotic contemporary novella, Almost Perfect, there is a second chance element at work in the story. Divorced couple, Pam and Roger, are brought together unexpectedly after two years apart. Their divorce was more than a little messy, with accusations on both sides. So how can there be even an inkling of reunion possible for them?
I followed these six steps to give them a second chance:
1. Set the scene. I utilized the most romantic place possible–in this case a tropical island paradise. A deserted beach, soft breezes, warm water, spectacular sunset. How much more romantic can you get?
2. Time alone together. You’d think on a deserted island time alone would be easy. Not with these two characters. They were still ready to fight after all that time apart, mostly brought on by Pam’s hurt from the break-up. So to create alone time, Roger brought a peace offering–a bottle of Perrier. But it comes at a rather erotic price. One way to get your ex’s attention for sure!
3. The new you. Most people change over the course of a couple of years, some in little ways, some in big ways. Roger’s changed in many ways–a new physique and a new, confident attitude. Very attractive to Pam, who’s a confident person as well. Always make the most of your assets!
4. Provide a challenge. Both Pam and Roger constantly challenge each other on that deserted beach. They had grown too complaisant in their lives before the divorce, so new attitudes that break the mold of their expectations are attractive to them both.
5. Consider your partner before yourself. Roger is more than willing to assist Pam with the requirements for survival until they are rescued. He offers shelter and food–a gourmet meal in fact–as well as some other creature comforts, such as intimate companionship. An offer Pam can’t bring herself to refuse.
6. Sex to impress. To really seduce your ex, you’ve got to have all the right moves. And Roger’s been a top student in this respect. He’s got positions and techniques and skills down pat. In short, he’s become a tiger in the bedroom–or in the water. Or in the sand. And he just can’t wait to show it all off to Pam.
Seduction is such a fun game to play. It only takes two. And in this case, it’s Almost Perfect.
Blurb for Almost Perfect:
Pamela Kimball’s birthday present, a 1Night Stand adventure, promises to jump-start her life, put a new man in her bed, and help her forget her past. Unfortunately, movie-buff Pam’s Pirates of the Caribbean fantasy takes an alarming wrong turn when she’s abandoned on a not quite deserted island—with ex-husband Roger Ware.
Forced by hunger to accept Roger’s offer of dinner, Pam realizes the geek she married has transformed into one of the most charming, sexiest men she’s ever met. His newfound confidence—and hot body—re-kindle old fires. A simple kiss leads Roger to challenge her to discover how much his lovemaking skills have improved, leaving Pam torn between self-preservation and burning desire.
With time running out before they’re rescued, Pam must decide if her heart can survive the consequences of becoming Roger’s “almost” perfect 1Night Stand.
Decadent Publishing | Amazon | Barnes & Nobles | ARe
She inched into the lapping surf, searching for movement. Reflection off the water made this task harder than expected. Wasn’t the Caribbean supposed to be teeming with fish? Now that’s something she’d had a lot of instruction in. Almost every marooned-on-an-island movie had a scene where the heroine learned to catch fish. Six Days, Father Goose, Blue Lagoon. All you needed was your hands and patience. She could do this.
Pam waded out further then stopped just before the water hit her now dry shorts. “Not gonna to have a damp crotch all night.” The words reminded her of exactly what she had hoped for tonight. “But not from wet shorts!” She headed back to shore to remove and drape them next to her shirt. The bandeau was a different story. Still damp, even after several hours, and uncomfortable. Might dry better if not next to her skin anyway. “Screw it! Live dangerously.”
Standing as good as naked on the deserted beach, Pam smiled as the warm breeze caressed her bare body. The sense of being slightly naughty added to her delight in the sensual feel of the air as it dried her breasts. Her nipples peaked as the wind cooled them. She strutted down to the water’s edge to sink her toes in the sand, the salty tang in the air adding to the perfect moment.
“If you’re skinny dipping, you forgot to remove one very important piece of clothing.”
Pam whirled around. Roger stood on the beach behind her, a green bottle of Perrier in one hand. His gaze played up and down her naked torso and his salacious grin widened. “Mind if I join you?”
Jenna Jaxon is a multi-published author of historical and contemporary romance. She is currently finishing revisions to her third full length novel, As Long As You’re Mine, set in Victorian London and Richmond, Virginia. Her Georgian novel, Only Scandal Will Do, the first in what she hopes will be a series of five interconnecting novels, will be released in May 2012.
Jenna has been reading and writing historical romance since she was a teenager. A romantic herself, she has always loved a dark side to the genre, a twist, suspense, a surprise. She tries to incorporate all of these elements into her own stories. She lives in Virginia with her family and a small menagerie of pets. When not reading or writing, she indulges her passion for the theatre, working with local theatres as a director. She often feels she is directing her characters on their own private stage.
She has equated her writing to an addiction to chocolate because once she starts she just can’t stop.
Site | Facebook
Remember: Read For A Cure and help close the book on cancer.